Sunday, December 4, 2011

What I Learned From The Osmosis Websites!

Osmosis was pretty confusing at first, but now I think I know what it is. Osmosis is the movement of water molecules from a higher concentration to a lower concentration, through a semi permeable membrane. It's basically diffusion, but more specifically with water. I also learned about the Isotonics, the Hypertonics, and the Hypotonics. Hypertonics are more solute, Hypotonics are more solvent, and Isotonics are fixed. I learned about the concentration gradients, too! A concentration gradient is when there is an uneven distribution between substances across a distance. It takes energy to go against a concentration gradient but it doesn't take energy to flow with it. That's what I learned about osmosis in the websites!

No comments:

Post a Comment