Monday, November 14, 2011

What I Learned From The Super Duper Cell Websites!

I learned a lot from our activity on Thursday. There was this one fact that astonished me; my body is made up of 100,000,000,000,000 cells! That's more than America's debt! I also learned about Eukaryotic and Prokaryotic cells. I knew what they were, I just didn't learn their scientific name. There was a diagram on a bacteria, and I learned that there were weird organelles in it, like the flagellum.

I also learned things that fixed my head a little. I first thought that the vacuole stores wastes that the lysosomes carry, but now I know that the vacuole stores food and water for the cell. Why would the cell have to store waste; what was I thinking? I also didn't know that there was another organelle in the animal cell called the "cytoskeleton" It's like the skeleton of the cell and provides shape and support.

Those are a few examples of the vast knowledge that I absorbed out of this activity. I hope we get to do this again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment